What Does A Cloud Based Solution Mean?
Martin's book "Scale Up Your Business with Cloud Technology: A Practical Guide to Building a Future-Proof Enterprise" is available on Amazon.
Hi everybody, my name is Martin McNicoll, CEO of GURUS, and Today I'll answer the question, What does a cloud based solution mean. In this video, I’ll focus on business solutions, and exclude platforms and infrastructure providers.
According to wikipedia, the cloud is a model for enabling on-demand access to a shared pool of configurable applications and services which can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort.
But what does that mean?
In concrete terms, there are a few characteristics that define a true cloud based solution:
- It transfers information through the internet and is accessed via a browser
- It allows companies to avoid up-front infrastructure costs like purchasing servers and software licenses. But most importantly, It enables organizations to focus on their core business instead of spending time and money on computer infrastructure.
- Now Be careful! If your provider talks to you about servers and a version of the software, they’re only offering you to take care of a traditional application, this is not a true cloud solution.
- Cloud computing relies on sharing of resources to achieve economies of scale. It`s like electricity in your home, you don't need a power plant in your backyard, you just connect to it.
- Cloud computing allows enterprises to get their applications up and running faster, with more flexibility and less maintenance.
- And lastly, Cloud providers use a "pay as you go" model.
Cloud computing is truly the way the majority of the applications will be consumed in the future.
Thank you for listening, for more information on cloud based ERP, click on the links below , or check out my book, "Scale Up Your Business with Cloud Technology: A Practical Guide to Building a Future-Proof Enterprise"
And Follow us for more videos like this.