Privacy Statement and Policy
Effective as of March 24, 2016
Gurus Solutions Inc. and its affiliates (collectively referred to in this document as “Gurus”, “us” or other similar expressions) are committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit and interact with their web sites (which we refer to as “Visitors” in this document) and of persons who are recipients of the Services, as this term is defined below (which we refer to as “Customers” in this document). This Privacy Statement and Policy (in short, the “Policy”) describes Gurus’ privacy practices in relation to the use of its web sites, the performance or delivery of Services to Customers and other interactions with people that are not Visitors or Customers.
Scope of this Policy
This Policy applies to the information we obtain or collect through our performance or delivery of Services to our Customers or when people otherwise interact or communicate with us either directly or through our web sites.
Here are some definitions of terms used throughout this Policy:
The “Gurus Websites” include our web sites, such as gurussolutions.com (including the related sub-domains and pages).
The “Services” are the professional services we provide to our Customers.
A “Device” is any computer used to access the Gurus Websites, including without limitation a desktop, laptop, smartphone, tablet, or other consumer electronic device.
Type of Information Collected
The term “Personal Information” refers to personal information that we may collect from your use of the Gurus Websites as well as your interactions with us offline such as through our performance of Services for a Customer or other various communications of a commercial nature such as newsletters, announcements and the like. Personal information is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable person. Examples of Personal Information include information provided by:
- a Customer representative about herself, including her name, e-mail and physical address, telephone number, billing information, company affiliation and associated interests. Gurus may also collect other information about the Customer and some employees, for example through the Gurus Websites, as part of that interaction;
- an employee at a prospect customer about herself including her name, e-mail and physical address, telephone number, billing information, company affiliation and associated interests. Gurus may also collect other information about the prospect customer and some employees, for example through the Gurus Websites, as part of that interaction; or
- an applicant for an open employment position, which would include e-mail and physical address, telephone number, presentation letter and cv content, internal notes and analysis on the applicant.
We may also collect other information through your interaction with and use of the Gurus Websites as well as your interactions with us offline, which does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to you. Such other information may include, but is not limited to, browser and Device information, data collected through automated electronic interactions, application usage data, demographic information, geographic or geo-location information, statistical and aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated information does not directly identify a specific person, but it may be derived from Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of Customers in a particular postal or zip code.
How Gurus Collects Personal Information
Gurus and our third party service providers may collect Personal Information and other information from a variety of sources that generally fall into three categories:
- Direct Interactions: From your use of and interaction with us through the Gurus Websites and other activities such as submission of registrations and forms, or sales inquiries and transactions as well as in-person meetings in trade shows or other similar events.
- Publicly Available Data / Data from Third Parties: Other data you may have made publicly available, such as social media posts or data provided by third party sources, such as marketing opt-in lists, or data aggregators.
- Automated Interactions with Devices: From the use of technologies such as electronic communication protocols, cookies, embedded URLs or pixels, or widgets, buttons and tools.
Although Gurus' use of Automated Interactions may change over time as technology evolves, the following descriptions are designed to provide you with additional detail about Gurus’ current approach to information collected from Automated Interactions.
Electronic Communications Protocols: As is the case when you visit most websites and use most apps, Gurus may automatically receive information from you as part of the communication connection itself, which often consists of network routing information (where you came from), equipment information (browser type), your IP address (which may identify your general geographic location or company), and date and time.
Gurus may also automatically receive and record information about your interaction with the Gurus Websites, such as clickstream information (when each Gurus webpage was visited and how much time was spent on the page), or general geo-location data.
Cookies: Gurus' servers will query your browser to see if there are "cookies" previously set by the Gurus Websites. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to store on a web browser so it can later be read back from that browser. Cookies may collect information, including a unique identifier, user preferences, profile information, membership information, and general usage and volume statistical information. Cookies may also be used to collect individualized web site use data, provide electronic web site personalization, or conduct and measure the effectiveness of advertising in accordance with this Policy. Some cookies may remain on users' computers after they leave the Gurus Websites. While the majority are set to expire within 1-24 months of your last visit to the website that set the cookie, others may not expire because of their nature, like cookies that remember opt-out preferences.
Your browser may provide you with information and control over cookies. You can set your browser to alert you when a cookie is being used, and accept or reject the cookie. You can also set your browser to refuse all cookies or accept only cookies returned to the originating servers. Users can generally disable the cookie feature on their browser without affecting their ability to use the site, except in some cases where cookies are used as an essential security feature necessary for transaction completion. Cookies, however, are important to the proper functioning of a site, and disabling them may degrade your experience and interfere with website features and customizations.
Embedded Pixels and Similar Technologies: On the Gurus Websites, Gurus and its service providers may use embedded pixel technologies for the purposes of identifying unique user visits (as opposed to aggregate hits), and for advertising purposes. In addition, embedded pixels or other technologies may be used in e-mails and our online display advertising to provide information on when the e-mail or ad was opened to track marketing campaign responsiveness; information collected using these technologies may be associated with the recipient's e-mail address.
Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device and use it to provide you with personalized location-based services or content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such use of your device's location, but if you choose to deny such use, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services or content.
How Gurus Uses Personal Information Collected
Gurus uses and shares the Personal Information it collects (unless directed otherwise by applicable law), to:
- Engage in Business Relationship. Gurus may use Personal Information to engage in a business relationship with you.
- Engage in Employment-related Exchanges. Gurus may use Personal Information to engage in exchanges leading to a possible employment relationship with Gurus.
- Provide Support or Other Services. Gurus may use your Personal Information to provide you support or other Services you have ordered.
- Select Content, Improve Quality and Facilitate Use of the Gurus Websites. Gurus may use your Personal Information to help create and personalize content on the Gurus Websites, facilitate your use of the Gurus Websites (for example, to facilitate navigation and the login process, avoid duplicate data entry, enhance security, keep track of orders and preserve order information between sessions), improve quality, track marketing campaign responsiveness (including online advertising and e-mail marketing), and evaluate page response rates.
- Obtain Third Party Services. We may also share Personal Information with third parties who provide services to Gurus, such as web analytics, customer relationship management, event / campaign management, web site management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar services. When Gurus shares Personal Information with third party service providers, we require that they use your Personal Information only for the purpose of providing services to us and subject to terms consistent with those of this Policy.
- Improve Services, and Experiences. We may use your Personal Information to evaluate and improve our Services, marketing, and customer relationships.
- Post Testimonials. We post testimonials on the Gurus Websites that may contain Personal Information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please fill out a request form, and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Power Joint Sales or Product Promotions. Gurus and its partners may engage in joint sales or product promotions. Such promotions will always reference the partners involved. Both Gurus and the partner(s) will have access to that information, and either Gurus or our partners may provide you the sales or product promotion information. Each party will be responsible for managing their own use of the Personal Information collected for the joint sale or product promotion. We recommend you review the privacy policies of these partners to address any questions you have regarding their handling of your information.
- Communicate with You about a Conference or Event. We or our partners may communicate with you about a conference or event hosted or co-sponsored by Gurus or one of our partners. This may include information about the event's content, logistics, payment, updates, and any additional meetings, special demonstrations or other customer facilitation that we may provide related to your event registration. After the event, Gurus may contact you about the event and related products and services, and may share information about your attendance with your company. Where legally permitted, Gurus will also allow designated partners or conference sponsors to send you communications related to your event attendance. Please note that our partners or conference sponsors may directly request your personal information at their conference booths or presentations. You should review their privacy policies to learn how they use personal information.
- Comply with Legal Requirements and Corporate Transactions. Gurus may disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer the Personal Information we have collected to the relevant third party.
Some of the Personal Information uses specified above are not mandatory and may be controlled by you. Please refer to the "Registration, Preferences and Opt Out" section below for information on available use preferences or opt-out options, or view the summary of your privacy choices.
Since Gurus operates in multiple jurisdictions, we may exchange information internally between our offices and remote worksites. The Personal Information that you have provided to us may therefore be transferred outside the jurisdiction where you reside. Also, in certain countries our third party contractors (such as online application providers) might undertake the collection, transferring, storage and processing of your information on our behalf and control. Such collection, transfer, storage and processing of information will be done in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy.
Registration, Preferences and, Opt-Out
A list of your current privacy choices is listed below:
Preferences and Opt-Out.
- E-mail Marketing. Gurus enables you to opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of e-mail marketing by using our general unsubscribe automated link that is included in Gurus marketing e-mails.. If you have any problems using that opt-out mechanism, please contact us.
Some non-marketing communications are not subject to general opt-out, such as communications related to Services, sales transactions, and other support related information, conferences or events for which you have registered, disclosures to comply with legal requirements, and (where permitted by law) quality assurance surveys. Some additional communications with partners are also not subject to general-opt out, including product alerts, updates, contractual marketing and sales materials, and other notices related to partner status.
- Information-Sharing Choices. Gurus only shares Personal Information with selected companies after providing users the ability to make choices about the sharing, or as otherwise described in this Policy. There are limitations to opting out of such sharing in the case of: (1) joint sales or joint events; (2) where the customer has requested follow-up which involves Gurus partners; (3) where third parties are required to accomplish the transaction or perform the service; and (4) where required by law.
- Third Party Permission-Based Lists. On occasion, Gurus may use third-party lists to send communications about Gurus products and services. These lists, which are maintained by third parties, include users eligible under applicable law to receive e-mails from other companies such as Gurus. When we use such lists, the communications will include mechanisms to opt out of receiving Gurus marketing communications. If you have trouble opting out, or if you wish to make us aware of any issues related to a third-party mailing, you may contact us directly.
You can always request access, inquire about or make corrections to your Personal Information in our possession, by writing to us at: email@example.com.
If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by email or by posting a prominent notice on the Gurus Websites prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. Your continued use of the Gurus Service constitutes your agreement to be bound by such changes to this Policy. Your only remedy, if you do not accept the terms of this Policy, is to discontinue use of the Gurus Services.
Gurus has appointed a Privacy Officer. If you believe your Personal Information has been used in a way that is not consistent with this Policy, or if you have further questions related to this Policy, please contact the Privacy Officer. Written inquiries may be addressed to Privacy Officer, 9880 Clark Street, Suite 101, Montreal (Québec) H3L 2R3 Canada or by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.