Here’s a Sneak Peek at the New Features in the 2016.1 Release
NetSuite’s phased product upgrades provide customers with improved functionality and usability including NetSuite for Outlook. From late February through to end of March, NetSuite will begin rolling out its 2016.1 release.
With this upgrade right around the corner, our goal is to provide you with a smooth and seamless transition to the new release. We hope that by making the pertinent information available, working with you to ensure you perform the recommended tests, and providing other needed guidance, you will avoid any major problems or surprises when you go live with the new version.
- The Fixed Asset Management SuiteApp Enhancements include support for Compound Assets, Bulk Disposal of Assets, and Additional Language Support
- Advanced Revenue Management for more powerful and flexible revenue recognition capabilities
- New flexibility for vendor management and multi-book accounting with NetSuite OneWorld whereby the Multi-Book Accounting feature has been enhanced to provide OneWorld consolidation across all accounting books.
- NetSuite will introduce Sandbox 2.0, intended to improve the user experience in a sandbox environment.
- NetSuite for Outlook Enhancements
- NetSuite for Outlook is now compatible with both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Outlook 2016, and Windows 10.
- You can now choose to disable automatic update notifications & pause synchronization and resume it at a later time.
- Users with an NSCORP role can now send an email with zip file attachments to Support.
- New capabilities empowering commerce and retail companies to streamline and optimize order entry and fulfillment.
Items & Inventory Management
- Inventory Costing Improvements to system performance while offering tighter control for accounting period data changes.
- Item Ordering Enhancements have been made to increase efficiency of processing orders such as a Contract column on the Order Items page and Multiple Planned Order Lines have been Consolidated on Orders by Vendor.
- NetSuite for Android 4.0 brings together a combination of performance enhancements, elegant interface refinement, and the addition of powerful new logging and scripting abilities.
- NetSuite for iOS 5.0 introduces new features that keep you up to date from anywhere your business takes you.
- For ongoing projects, you can create a single resource allocation that is set to recur on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis. You have the option to choose how the resource allocation recurs and set start and end dates.
- The Project Resource Management (PRM) SuiteApp offers visual management of your project task assignments and resource allocations with the ability to edit existing tasks and allocations and create new task assignments and allocations directly from the grid.
- The Resource Allocation Chart/Grid has been updated to include advanced filtering capabilities including a mix of filter fields from different record types, the ability to customize which filter fields to add to your Resource Allocation Chart/Grid, and editable filter fields with values shown on the page.
- Advance Notice – Microsoft announced that in January 2016 it will stop supporting Internet Explorer 10 and older versions of the Internet Explorer web browser.
- Advance Notice – Google announced that in April 2016 it will end support for the Google Chrome web browser on the following operating systems:
- Windows Vista
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard (v10.6), OS X Lion (v10.7), and OS X Mountain Lion (v10.8)
- The latest version of SuiteCommerce Advanced, Mont Blanc, is targeted to include the following enhancements: Multi-Channel Purchasing Support, Alternative Payments, Application Performance Sensor, Google Tag Manager, Quotes, Password Protected Site, Login to See Pricing.
- Duplicate detection for imported customer records has been improved. This new feature will prevent the import of lead and prospect records that are already saved in NetSuite.
How We Can Help You
Find out how we can help you utilize the new features and functionality in this release to optimize your business processes.