Advanced Sales Order Generation
A client had a large number of customers, each with a contract with multiple line items with different delivery schedules. Drivers are assigned to different routes, and logistics have to be put in place so the driver can upload a batch of sales orders in the morning to set delivery schedules etc. On each line item of a an estimate there is the ability to define start date, frequency, day, week basis and next delivery date. Last delivery date is also tracked. A screen is available for employee to generate sales orders for a given route (department) and for a given date range. The last date range and status generated are updated live on the screen and allow employees to have information on the status of all processes.
- Large number of customers (overcoming metering limitations)
- Generation status tracking
- Date schedules per line items
- Optimization to generate sales orders as fast as possible
- Allow overnight routing
- Use of 'Department' classification as 'Route'
- Use of 'Estimate' transaction as 'Contract'
- Suitelet that allows users to generated sales orders for one or multiple routes for a specific date range
- Multi-queue schedule script to generate sales orders optimally
- Tracking of sales orders by Batch ID that allows the driver to load sales orders for a given batch
- Use of third party handheld device to load sales orders and allow driver to deliver and reconcile sales orders